Saturday, March 07, 2009

Good staff work?

Recently, I have given a lot of thought to this blog as well as other forms of communication such as Facebook (I’m the Mike Lawhorn in the yellow jacket on the Great Wall of China) etc.

I have decided I am going to keep this blog, but will commit to updating it on a regular basis – for me, this means Sunday Korean time.

This will help me organize and commit my time as well as ensuring anyone who’s actually still reading this knows when to expect something new.

I really appreciate anyone who’s out there taking the time to check this blog… thanks for your support!

GOOD STAFF WORK: should Mrs. Clinton and President Obama expect more?

Recently Secretary Clinton gave the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, a button that says “overcharge” as opposed to “recharge” (in Russian) and The Guardian ran a story saying the President gave the British Prime Minister a box of 25 movie DVDs.

See the Clinton video here.

As a commander, I understand and fully embrace that I am responsible for everything my unit does or fails to do. But politics aside, doesn’t Sec. Clinton have a reasonable expectation that her staff has been over this translation time and time again?

And for the president, doesn’t his staff say, “let’s do something more than run to Best Buy for a gift”?

What’s next, the staff recommends the Spanish Ambassador gets a $50 gift card to Red Lobster?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home