Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kind words for those that serve















I had a chance to talk with this amazing guy yesterday. My whole family has been big fans of his since he first appeared (although I have to say Chris Daughtry was my own pick to win--hey, what do I know?). I made all the typically lame fan comments, love your stuff, we're big fans, blah blah blah and ended with "we just want to thank you for being such a great entertainer."

That's when he paused and said, "Well, thank you. No seriously, I thank all of you guys for doing what you do. It's guys like you who allow me to live out the American dream, so I thank you."

Gratitude like that makes it all worthwhile.

Kosovo Dad

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Umm, I hate to be dense ... but who is he?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger kosovodad (Mike) said...

That's me, silly :)

No, you're right. That's Taylor Hicks, the winner of American Idol. Sorry about the confusion, but I'm often confused for someone prettier and with more talent.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Heehee! Well, since I don't watch American Idol, that would explain my confusion.

I can see how the two of you would get mistaken for one another, though ... *grin*.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Barb said...

And lest you think I totally missed the point -- it is kewl that he expressed his gratitude. You guys (and gals) deserve it sooooo much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home