Friday, June 02, 2006

Army Finance Strikes Again...

Well, sorry for not blogging more often but we're getting ready to make the move back to Korea. Lots of paperwork, a few schools en route, major overhaul for the station wagon AND the German Shepherd...

Of course, my friends at Army finance struck again. I had turned in my paperwork for my last travel settlement and waited several days. After no response I called up and asked what had happened. I was told "we don't have any record of you turning anything in."

sigh....

I said, "but I have this email from such-and-such address confirming that you received my package via email."

I was told, "well, we automatically send those out and sometimes our computer drops the attachments from email."

You don't say :(

On a lighter note, I got my shiny new ID card today with "lieutenant colonel" on it. My wife and I are 20 seconds outside the ID section building when a female captain walks by me (both of us in uniform) and says, "hey" and nods her head.

I stopped and said, "Hey?"....she stopped and just stared at me, not saying a thing.

I told my wife, "go ahead dear, I may be a minute..."

2 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Heh - how long did it take you to provide her with appropriate guidance and leadership on her poot choice of greetings and salutations, Sir?
And Congrats, by the way, on your promotion :-)

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respect seems to be another casualty. The leader needs to reinforce positive behavior by example and deed. When needed, make the correction on the spot. I used to hold additional training sessions. Congratulation on your promotion. Best wishes on your tour in Korea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home