Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Apparently, it's not the first time...

Our new favorite minor leaguer, Delmon Young, has been a bad man before. Apparently he threw a bat towards a pitcher who had come too close with a pitch.

Also this from the Heraldsun
"[Dmitri] just told me to keep my head up and get through it," Delmon Young said. "I'm not really such a bad person. I may act up a little bit every once in a while, but I'm really not a bad person."
When he was playing for Double-A Montgomery last season, Young was suspended for three games by the Southern League for bumping the chest of plate umpire Jeff Latter.
Bulls shortstop B.J. Upton, billed along with Young as the future of the Devil Rays, said some players were expecting the suspension to be longer.
"He realizes what happened and what he did," Upton said. "I honestly think he never meant to hit the umpire. He's young and he made a mistake.


I don't think he MEANT to hit the umpire???

Well, there you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home